As a recognized and respected leader in the communication arts industry and in the community where we live, Bolger is committed to being a responsible steward of the environment as part of our business objective and company philosophy. We operate our business with sound environmental concern and management to ensure that our facilities are continually striving to reduce environmental impacts, creating a safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers and neighbors. We have been and will be more than compliant with all legal requirements to ensure a safe and environmentally friendly work place. By educating our employees and customers, we support and encourage environmental activities both at home and work that will foster responsibility for our planet in the generations to come.
Bolger is dedicated to maximizing efforts for the environment. It has been part of our culture for over 75 years. We continually seek ways of strengthening our stewardship.
What we do:
- One of the first companies to become a “Minnesota Great Printer” complying with all applicable environmental, health and safety requirements, going beyond waste reduction and recycling and pursuing continuous environmental improvements
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) BV-COC-007320
- ISO 14001 compliant
- Use recycled paper and agri-based inks
- No production waste from Bolger goes to the landfill. It is all recycled
- Reduced hazardous waste by 98.6%
- Reduced energy consumption for lighting by 42%
- Audit environmental practices through internal and external auditors
- Monitor solid waste throughout facilities
- Produce a quarterly data summary of current Bolger carbon footprint and waste recycling
Bolger is also an advocate of environmentally sound practices through our annual seminar series on graphic arts topics and a program entitled, The Right Marketing Strategy for Managing Our Environmental Footprint, which is available for companies and community groups.
One of the first to become a Minnesota Great Printer, Bolger has participated in the Printing Industry of Minnesota Program for over 10 years. The Environmental Initiative is a totally voluntary effort by printers to demonstrate their commitment to minimize their company’s impact on human health and the environment while producing quality printed products for their customers. Great Printers go beyond what is required by government regulatory agencies in environmental, health and safety compliance.
To qualify for the PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiative, a printer must meet the following criteria:
Commit to the PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiative Principles. The company must sign and return a copy of the PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiative Registration and Employer Commitment form.
This commits the company to:
- Complying with all applicable environmental, health and safety requirements;
- Going beyond compliance by minimizing wastes, reusing or recycling waste that cannot be prevented and maximizing energy efficiency; and
- Pursuing continuous environmental, health and safety improvements.
Complete an Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Audit annually or once every 36 months if they have a written and effective environmental management system (EMS) in place that meets the PIM Great Printer Environmental Initiative EMS Plan Requirements.